Discover Stanwood Camano is partnering with Stanwood Camano Arts Advocacy Commission (SCAAC) for the Digital Travel Photography Project. We are looking for photography from local artists and photographers to use in our online articles and stories.
There is a $70 stipend per photograph design selected. Participants will be notified that their photograph has been selected via email and a stipend form will need to be submitted for payment to be processed. Please be sure that your email has been entered correctly.
Fall/winter submissions are due June 16, 2022 and spring/summer submissions will open on July 11, 2022.
Photography images shall concentrate on the four general themes of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. This project is looking for a variety of images between Stanwood and Camano that highlight the visitor experience. Not all images will be utilized in the articles but may be used for other tourism and city initiatives. Suggestions include, but are not limited to:
|Potential Articles||Themes for Photos|
• “Discover the Parks of Stanwood-Camano”
• “Art Lives on Camano Island: Check out the Studio Tours”
|• Images that highlight parks and visitors in Stanwood-Camano (Church Creek Park, Heritage Park, Camano Island State Park, Cama Beach State Park, etc).
• Images of Camano Arts Association Studio Tours, such as galleries, visitors, etc).
• Images of art studios and galleries (Camano Arts Association Studio Tour, Stanwood Camano Arts Festivals, Stanwood-Camano Arts Guild, other galleries/studios, etc.
• Images of trees/flowers/nature during spring.
• Images of visitors at spring festivals/special events.
• “Love Stanwood-Camano Beaches like a Local”
• “Calling all Racers: Stanwood-Camano Soap Box Derby”
• “Show and Shine at the Twin City Idlers Annual Car Show”
• “Our Legacy Fields: Lavender Farm”
|• Images that highlight beach activity in Stanwood-Camano (Cama Beach, Camano Island State Park, Warm Beach, Kayak Point, etc).
• Images that highlight waterfront activities.
• Images that highlight the Stanwood-Camano Soap Box Derby (images of visitors and participants)
• Images that highlight the Twin City Idlers Car Show (images of visitors and participants)
• Images that highlight the visitor experience at Our Legacy Field Lavender Farm.
• Images of trees/flowers/nature during summer.
• Images of visitors at summer festivals/special events.
• “The Treasures of Thrifting”
• “Coffee Lovers Unite”
|• Images that highlight the visitor experience at secondhand shops and thrift stores in Stanwood-Camano (Stanwood Camano Thrift Store, 2nd Chance Thrift Shop, Antique Mall Brick Road, Spare Room Flea Market, etc).
• Images that highlight the various coffee shops in Stanwood-Camano (Copper House, Cookie Mill, Coastal Vie Espresso, Locals Espresso, Bean N Brew on 532, Mustard Seed, Camano Island Coffee Roasters, Shipwreck Coffee, The Baked Café, etc).
• Images of trees/flowers/nature during fall.
Images of visitors at fall festivals/special events
• “Light Up Your Holidays with the Lights of Christmas”
• “The Greatest Treasure Hunt in the Pacific Northwest: Glass Quest”
|• Images that highlight the visitor experience at the Lights of Christmas.
• Images that highlight the visitor experience for Glass Quest (visitors searching for balls, interactions with businesses, etc).
• Images of trees/flowers/nature during winter.
Images of visitors at winter festivals/special events
|Other||• Images that highlight the visitor experience in Stanwood-Camano
• The City is prioritizing the four seasons and the theme elements listed above, but if your image does not fall under these categories, the submission can still be submitted.